Monday, May 20, 2013

Cramping, and crying, and smells....Oh my!


   This week has been full of all new things to go along with this pregnancy as long as some of the old too.  I was definitely feeling very crampy (is that a word?) this week.  It made me nervous, but all seems to be ok!
   Crying- oh dear. God bless Doug, because he just doesn't know when it's coming.  It's only happened a few times, but I am sure more is to come.  One second I'm fine and then the next I'm crying and for no apparent reason.  Even when I wasn't pregnant I would get very grumpy if I got hungry, but now it's worse! :-)  Hungry means instant tears! And to make matters worse, most foods don't sound good so now I am hungry with no possibilities for food.  Such a predicament to be in!
    Smells- I can smell EVERYTHING for miles! When Carly and I go for walks I can smell flowers blooming, dog poop in a yard, food grilling blocks away, everything. Most of these smells make me want to gag.  The worst part is not knowing when I'm going to walk into a smell that will make my gag reflex jump.  When I try to pack my lunch in the morning, just opening the fridge is a scary move.  I usually don't end up with my in my lunch because nothing sounds good or smells good enough to put in!

  Wow-it seems like I am complaining about being pregnant, but I love it! I love knowing that I have a little pea-sized Baby Taylor growing inside of me.  I love knowing that my belly will get big and only I will get to feel him/her before everyone else.  I can't wait to tell the rest of our family and friends.  Oh yea, and decorate a nursery (except, HOLY COW cribs are expensive).  Oh the joys of parenthood!


How far along: 6 weeks
Maternity clothes? Not yet... but I am going to as soon as I can :-) Who wouldn't want to wear yoga-style pants everyday!?
Sleep: Minimal because I spend more time in the bathroom than in bed!
Best moment this week: Telling one of my best friends!

Miss Anything? Lunch meat-I don't think I am going to make it 9 months without that!
Movement: not yet
Food cravings: Carbs-bread and mac n cheese and orange juice
Anything making you queasy or sick: Yes! LOTS of things: chicken, pork chops ALL veggies, onions, cold food, 
 anything that smells!
Gender: I keep talking about Baby Taylor as a boy, but we will see (in January)

Labor Signs: no
Symptoms: Read above blog :-)
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On 

Happy or Moody most of the time: It depends-most happy!
Looking forward to: getting a bump

No comments:

Post a Comment