Saturday, May 11, 2013

Sleep

Sleep....

  Exhaustion, tired, sleepy...all of the above.  I am just now considered 5 weeks pregnant, but the tiredness set in at just three weeks.  I am not usually a tired person as sleep is a priority for me.  I always get between 8 and 9 hours of sleep each night.  Lately though, even with that same amount of sleep, I can barely get through the day.  Around 3:30 I start to get heavy eyelids and my body feels exhausted.  On most afternoons I come home for a short nap and after I feel much better.
   I am a little annoyed with how tired I feel, just because I am not used to this feeling.  Another part of me is kind of glad I am tired that way I know my body is working hard to create a beautiful Baby Taylor.
    Looking on BabyCenter.com I found it is fairly normal for women to feel constantly tired early on in pregnancy because of the hormonal changes -in particular, a rise in progesterone.  I can't imagine another 7 weeks of being this tired though.  I supposed I should be glad it isn't morning (all day) sickness-yet anyway.
   

   "We are having a baby..."   There are times when that statement hits me pretty hard and I just can't believe it.  I am so excited for the next 8 months has to bring.  I am also excited to be able to tell more people about our little (big) surprise!

  This week we went for a consult at a Midwife Clinic and LOVED them.  I think we will be seeing a midwife and will also hire a Doula;  any extra support for my decision to go natural is going to be needed. Ha!


  Well I had better go catch a few ZZZZZs.....

No comments:

Post a Comment