Saturday, September 21, 2013

24 Weeks

We have started our Bradley Method baby birthing classes and have learned a lot of good information.  Some of it Doug and I just look at each other with these scared, naive expressions thinking "Is she serious? That's really going to happen?"  The first week I had to hold back tears a few times because it all hit me and became pretty real that we are having a baby.  I told Doug that I am starting to get a little nervous; I am totally ready for the holding baby part, but I am a little nervous about the "baby coming out" part!! :-)

Other than that we are just trucking away.  We had our 24 week appointment and I/the baby continue to measure a little over a week big.  Other than that, heartbeat (150 beats per minute) and everything else looks/sounds good.

Baby Taylor is moving around like crazy!! We were sitting in our baby class on Monday and I told Doug to watch and my entire stomach moved.  It's hilarious to watch it twitch and move :-) I love it!!


 How far along: 24 Weeks
Maternity clothes? Yes and feeling like I never have enough clothes! 
Best moment this week: 24 week appointment and getting to hear the heartbeat again, getting our dresser for the nursery, baby shower invites went out -WOW a lot has happened :-)

Miss Anything? Not really
Movement: Yes-A LOT!!
Food cravings: Banana bread and ice cream, but not together.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Still chicken breast -GAG!
Gender:  I now think girl :-)
Labor Signs: no
Symptoms: Baby brain- I was at the grocery store the other day and I had picked up some zucchini and got to the register and the high school cashier asked what they were so she could look them up and I couldn't think of the name of them for the life of me.  She had to call the manager over to get the name of this veggie and of course, I couldn't just say "baby brain", because the male manager and high school girl weren't going to understand.  It was kind of embarrassing :-)
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On 

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! I have the curtains done in the baby's room, we got the dresser, and I am going to work on the crib edge cover this weekend. 
Looking forward to: Hospital tour this weekend



No comments:

Post a Comment